Everyone raves about this mythical mint mask–especially the beauty junkies over at makeupalley where it has achieved Holy Grail status–so of course I had to try it. In Toronto you can usually find it in organic health food/skincare stores (I got mine at Tutti Frutti in Kensington Market) and it usually retails for less than $5 CAD.
I love this product, because it gets the job done and makes your face feel fresh and baby soft. If you have sensitive skin test out the product first in case you have a reaction and use it SPARINGLY. It can shrink up pimples and get rid of blackheads, but it can also cause redness and break outs since it’s removing all the gunk out of your pores, so don’t use it right before a big social outing. And no, it’s not going to make you pore-less, but it’ll help shrink them up if it’s used consistently. It also comes in a jar, but for hygienic reasons, I prefer the tube.
How To Use Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask
(1) After a warm shower , use cleanser to make sure your face is completely dirt and oil free.
(2) Apply bright green goop all over your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes (let the clay harden)
(3) While you wait go downstairs to watch TV and scare your sister
(4) Wash it all off with cleanser, pat dry and apply your daily moisturizer
(5) Try to avoid telling people to touch your face. It’s creepy.